Friday 7 August 2015

Glorious Wills - John Vincent 1707-1802



The problem with this thing called genealogy, or the reward, is that as my skills improve, I find myself going back to make sure the rest is right - ug!?!

I am knee deep in it and if I could ever stop getting sucked down the rabbit hole I might be able to move on! 

I have yet to explore beyond John Vincent of 1707 - my first group since leaving my direct line. 


With a lot of trial and error, I figured out how to navigate the collection of wills on FHL and BOOM!  John's will had all his children!  Well, he might have had more who died but I can only go off the will.

In it, he declares portions for the heirs of two of his deceased daughters, Jemima & Margaret.  He names Hannah's husband as one of his executors, Hezekiah Rogers and he names his daughters Phebe Rosekrans and Ruth Cornell as beneficiaries and Elizabeth and the boys!

I have since flushed out that Jemima had married Zophar Rogers, Hezekiah's brother; Elizabeth had married a Stephen Ferguson; Ruth had married John Cornell; Phebe our Capt Benj Rosekrans; Capt Jerry married twice; Philip married Catherine Halleck (which people have confused with another Philip eeps); Margaret married a Joseph Beck; and John a girl named Ketura.  

Now I know why I have had so many Rosekrans stories, I am stuck there!

John's Will



  

No comments:

Post a Comment